Single, Sarcastic, and Spectacular in FL

A 20-something grad student's rants about life and finding a man.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Home for the Holidays...bleh

So I flew home on Tuesday morning and let's please not even talk about the old lady throwing up in the airport right next to me before I even got on the plane! I had to get up and high-tail it away from her general area before I started to hurl myself. You could hear her gurgling and she was just heaving non-stop into a thin plastic bag. Ewww...I don't want to think about that anymore.

I took a VERY early flight home, so I got here at around 10 am. This is also why I got crap from my supposed friend who drove me to the airport. Keep in mind that I had driven her to the airport only the week earlier. I didn't know there was a time frame for the "friend-airport" scenario. whatever. As you can tell, I'm still a little pissed about that. She should have just told me NO instead of agreeing to take me and complaining about the early hour and her lack of sleep ALL the way to the airport.

When I got here my whole family was there to get me (including my doggie niece) and I felt very loved! Jump to 24 hours later. I'm ready to go back to my quiet apartment with my own tv and my own bed and do what i want when i want how I want...you get the picture. It's not that I'm not excited about cooking the Thanksgivingmeal, though. That is actually the highlight of this trip. I love to cook and for the most part, my mom is letting me make the healthy meal that i wanted to make for tomorrow. The menu so far is mashed sweet potatoes, a citrus glazed turkey, homemade veggie stuffing, sauteed asparagus, and pumpkin pie made with splenda. Oh, and wine. I made my mom go and pick out her favorite wine because I wanted to be able to drink with my Thanksgiving dinner for the first time in my life. A lot of people in my family are recovering (or current) alcoholics, so we never any wine out like normal people. There would just be a bottle of vodka under the kitchen sink in case you wanted to slip some into your apple cider while you "put your plate in the sink." I'm not planning on having more than 2 glasses, though. I think my parents saw me drunk enough times during my high school years to last a lifetime. Sorry guys.

Speaking of tomorrow, it will just be my parents, my sister, and this guy friend of ours who is recently divorced and has a crush on me. I know this because he has blatantly told my sister several times. I'm not gonna lie, it's nice to be wanted but this guy is a little unstable right now. But, it never hurts to lead a guy on a little, right??

We'll see how tomorrow goes. Hopefully my mom won't act too psycho and we can have a nice quiet day and end it by going to see Reese Witherspoon's new Christmas movie. I'm excited about it. Then maybe the guy friend and I can go get drunk and have a little fun since my sister is NOT fun and goes to bed at about 9 pm.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! drink up!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home