Single, Sarcastic, and Spectacular in FL

A 20-something grad student's rants about life and finding a man.

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Come...Back...Britney


Did anyone watch the Britney Spears special this weekend on MTV? I didn't even know about it until I went over to a friend's house and they were recording it. I saw it on Monday night because MTV was replaying it about every 3 hours. I really haven't been keeping up with what Britney is doing lately because I haven't bought any of the tabloid magazines in probably a year now. It's not that my celebrity curiosity gene has left me, I just get my news from the t.v. and the internet and I only read the interesting stories that catch my eye. If there's an arrest involved or a new pregnancy rumor, I'm interested.

As I was watching the Britney thing, I just kept thinking how happy I was that she agreed to talk to the film crew and let them follow her around. That is my favorite kind of t.v.! It's most likely the reason that Jon and Kate Plus 8 is one of my favorite shows. I love the real-life situations, without all the stupid stuff like The Bachelor does. I just want to see what really goes on!

It wasn't like they showed a whole lot of what Britney does behind closed doors, and the dancing time in the studio was a little boring to me, but overall it was good. I felt really sorry for her. She seemed so sad throughout the whole show. And her dad is a little much! I'm from the south, so I'm not going to make fun of his outfits or his voice, but at one point he said something to Britney and when she walked away he said under his breath, "G** Damn kids!" Hello! Even if he was kind of kidding, that's a really good influence for her or his two grandkids. I don't think my dad would ever curse my existence!

Anyway, I selfishly took away from the show the fact that I shouldn't feel so bad about my own life and that while I worry about someone I know seeing me at the grocery store with no make-up, Britney can't walk out in her backyard without people seeing her and taking pictures of her without make-up. Granted, she looks much better than me, but still.
Also...
I'm feeling much better.
I passed my first final.
It smells great in my house since I bought one of those cinnamon brooms to put in the corner. (I know I'm a grandma, people tell me that all the time)
There are Christmas movies on t.v. around-the-clock now.
I've lost about 5 pounds in the last 2 weeks, even though I still have at least 10 more to go.
I recommend Australia and 4 Christmases to you movie-goers.
Continuing with the theme of the post, I may go see Britney here in March. I do want to support her and the last time I saw her was at the Oops I Did it Again tour when I was in the 8th grade.
Tootles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home