Single, Sarcastic, and Spectacular in FL

A 20-something grad student's rants about life and finding a man.

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Stop eating before it's too late!

I've been on my 1200-calorie-a-day diet now for 4 days, and to be honest, it's not that hard. Seriously. I have only worked out with my personal trainer one day so far and I have obviously been way too easy on myself in the past when I do weights because she worked me out for 30 minutes and I couldn't walk for two days afterwards. It's okay, though. I'm thinking by mid-March I will be in semi-bikini-ready shape. It's not like I was obese, but I was definitely not comfortable in my skin at the weight I was. You have to keep in mind that I'm 5'1" and any weight over 105 for me looks bad, and I had gotten up to 120! Anyway, I'm excited about changing my lifestyle the right way, not the way I used to do it; crash dieting with only 4 cups of coffee a day for sustenance. I don't even drink any caffeine now and it helps me NOT have those crazy jitters all the time.

I've had to do something to occupy my time and reward myself for eating well each day so I've reverted to shopping, except I have no money. So, I have been shopping and buying and then inevitably returning almost all of my purchases in the next few days. I've also been seeing a lot of movies, which is good, because seeing those perfect bodies encourages me to keep going with my healthy routine.

Here's one of my latest favorite exercise tips:
Bring along the 2009 Victoria's Secret swimsuit edition mag to the gym and stare at all the pretty bodies and swim-gear while you are on the treadmill or elliptical. Believe me, you will stay on much longer than you would staring at a TV tuned to CNN! Not that Robin isn't gorgeous, but you know, swimsuits, people.

I need to go to IKEA today. I threw away my rotting plant today, finally. It was starting to drip these disgusting juices from its leaves and I had had enough! That was the last living thing in this apartment that I had left. I killed all the other plants long ago. I need to get some more. We'll shoot for them living at least 6 weeks this time.

I think I've gotten up the energy to go to the gym now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home