Single, Sarcastic, and Spectacular in FL

A 20-something grad student's rants about life and finding a man.

Friday, February 6, 2009

Movie Date

I can't help it if my favorite date night consists of going to see a movie and not much else. I love seeing movies! J and I went to see Defiance Thursday night. I wouldn't recommend the movie; for a date night, at least. It was a true story and kind of depressing.

So, he picked me up about an hour before the movie started and when we got in the car he said, "Oh yeah, I got those inner tubes for your bike tires that needed replacing." What?!? I mentioned to him the other day that the tires on my bike were flat and I couldn't pump them up and he said that the inner tubes probably needed replacing. I didn't think much of it at the time, and then he surprises me by getting them! I asked him how much I owed him and he told me not to worry about it. Gold star, J!! We went straight to the movie and when we pulled up, he reached into his backseat and pulled out another surprise---he had gotten a bag of my favorite snack for me, to eat at the movie, pistachios. Yum...I was so happy at this point. I think he had seen them in my fridge last weekend and I mentioned that I'm obsessed with them. I tried not to devour them all right there and then in front of him. All of this leads me to a major observation I've seen about J. HE LISTENS TO EVERYTHING I SAY! How rare is that in a guy?! Very, right? I know I've never had anyone so attuned to me before. It's actually a little scary. He'll sometimes mention something out of the blue and then I remember I casually made a remark about it last week or something.

We had a good time at the movie, but it was an early night because I had class the next morning. Overall, I'm happy with the way things are going. Maybe this could be something. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home