Single, Sarcastic, and Spectacular in FL

A 20-something grad student's rants about life and finding a man.

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Peanut Butter Madness

Okay, I know that there is a major dilemma going on with peanut butter right now and the salmonella outbreak, BUT I love, love, love PB and one minor-deadly outbreak is not going to stop me from eating it. I use Skippy brand Natural PB and as far as I know, it's not on the list of bad ones.
So, I'm always looking for ways to use my fav PB in recipes and yesterday a friend of mine came over, and whenever this particular friend comes over, she and I inevitably end up making cookies. So, I searched my favorite recipe website (allrecipes.com) for a peanut butter cookie recipe and came up with this one:

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies:

1 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
1 Cup White Sugar
1 Large Egg

Mix all ingredients and drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookies sheet.
Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Let cool.

Is that the easiest recipe you've ever seen or what?! I made a couple of minor adjustments to make them more healthy. First, I used my organic PB, then I used Splenda baking mix, so I only used half a cup of the sugar mix. Then, I used 3 Tbsp. All-White Liquid Egg Whites instead of the egg. I also flattened them out when I put them on the tray so they cooked more evenly (they don't spread out much if you don't). You have to let them cool on the tray for about 5 minutes, and then they're ready to eat! Delicious! I calculated them to be about 70 calories per cookie with my healthy alternatives, but come on, I ate the whole tray! This recipe only makes about a dozen.
Try them out. I promise you will love them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home