Single, Sarcastic, and Spectacular in FL

A 20-something grad student's rants about life and finding a man.

Monday, February 16, 2009

V-day

So, Valentines Day was awesome, and not because of the boy I had dinner and made out with OR because my awesome parents send me a dozen roses!

The day started out with me being hungover from Friday night. I actually went out every night this weekend, including Sunday. I layed around Saturday and cleaned up my apartment a bit. Around 5 I started getting ready for dinner at J's. He was cooking me dinner for Valentines Day, even though the words "Valentines Day" had never come out if his mouth. He asked me "what I was doing Saturday" and "Did I want to go out or stay in?" I opted to stay in so that we wouldn't have to be surrounded by couples in love. I am far from in love with him at this point. I'm not even sure I like him very much yet.

I got to his place around 7:15--late again!--and apologized for being such a bad/late date. He had gotten us steaks to grill, veggies, and chocolate fondue with fruit for dessert. He also gave me a nice box of chocolates which I thought was nice, because I wasn't expecting anything from him on this random Saturday! LOL

We hung out and watched a movie for a while before he put dinner on the grill. He then proceeded to unknowingly start a fire and burn our dinner on the grill as well. I totally didn't mind and was just happy that he put forth the effort, but he was visibly upset that he had burned it and kept apologizing. I tried to reassure him as best I could that it was perfectly delicious anyway.

After that, we headed up onto his roof to watch some fireworks that were going off near his place. It was fun and kind of romantic, but it was also cloudy, so no stars...or sparks.

I talked a lot and tried to open up to him a little bit but he didn't ask me any questions and was still in his jokey/on-the-surface mode. It ticked me off a little so I made out with him for a little while and then decided to leave early, at about 11.

I had been secretly texting with a friend of mine all night who was at a singles party we were all invited to. When I left J's house I called her and she told me that everyone was heading downtown to a couple of clubs and I should come. I debated for about 15 seconds (mostly because I was in casual clothes--not clubbing clothes) and then decided to go.

I am so glad I did! My friend and I rode with two other guys who were at the party--one I knew and one I didn't. We got downtown and started having a couple of drinks and guy I didn't know, L and I started talking and dancing together. Pretty soon he was focusing his attention on me and leading me around by holding my hand. I'm not gonna lie; I started getting a major crush on him!! He is not my normal type, but then, I don't really have a type.

We stayed out until 4 am and I had had a few drinks, but I paced myself so I was only a little tipsy at the end of the night. I was so happy when L asked for my number at the end of the night!

This was Saturday night/Sunday early morning. And...no call yet! Grrr...he got me all excited by asking for my number and then no call. He even called my phone to make sure it was the right number when I gave it to him. I really hope he does call, but I kind of think if he hasn't called by now, he may not. Geez, I really liked him! A LOT more than J!

P.S. I realize how messed up it was that I went out after J had cooked me dinner for V-day and asked me to stay the night and all, but I just wasn't feeling it with him.

Maybe I'll have some good news about L in the next couple of days!! I can dream, can't I?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home